Des Moines Surge Protection Contractor
Electrical surges are sudden and unexpected spikes in voltage that travel throughout your home’s electrical system. Some surges come from within your home and may occur when you turn on any large electrical appliances. Other power surges come from outside your home, from things like electric utility switching, downed power poles, cut power lines, and lightning strikes. Surges can even enter through cable television lines and telephone wiring.
Some power surges do not have large effects, and they may only cause the power in your home to flicker slightly before coming back on again without any trouble. You may not have to do anything more than reset the clock on the microwave.
Unfortunately, however, many power surges can cause extensive damage to a home’s electrical system, resulting in frying multiple appliances or electrical components, which could result in costly repairs and replacements. This is why it is important to invest in Des Moines Surge Protection devices.
Our Des Moines Electrician can help you find the right surge protection systems for your home and ensure that they are properly installed so that your electrical system is as safe as possible.
Why Invest in Surge Protection Devices?
Most Des Moines homes have some type of expensive electronic equipment in them. Whether it’s kitchen appliances, water heaters, air conditioners, or furnaces, many of these appliances are very vulnerable to power surges. Thankfully, these items can be protected with a whole house surge protector.
At Lazer Electric & Plumbing, our professional electricians provide homeowners in the Des Moines area with surge protection services which include the following:
Stage 1 Protection
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Incoming Phone Line Surge Protection
- Incoming Cable Line Surge Protection
Stage 2 Protection
- Point of Use Surge Strips
- Surge Outlets
These systems ensure you get the most protection for your home. Call Lazer Electric & Plumbing today to learn more about our Whole House Surge Protectors and products, and find out what we can do to protect your home from power surges.
Frequently Asked Questions about Surge Protection
- Will my circuit breakers protect my equipment from surges? – Circuit breakers are designed to protect only against circuit over-current. They do not provide protection against surges.
- How do surge protectors work? – A surge protector is built to absorb some of the surge and divert the rest to the ground. Quality surge protectors use sophisticated components that react in milliseconds to a spike in voltage.
- Why do I need a whole house surge protector? – Problems caused with everyday electrical surges do not show up immediately. Instead they cause a gradual breakdown of the sensitive components within your equipment. You may not notice the problems that electrical surges cause for your home’s electrical system immediately, but over time they will become noticeable problems that are complicated to repair.
- What is the difference between a whole house surge protector and a point of use surge protector? – A whole house surge protector protects your home’s electronics from surge that come from the outside, such as spikes from the utility lines and nearby lightning strikes. They are generally the only line of defense that items such as air conditioners, refrigerators, and other major appliances have against power surges. Point of use surge protectors are designed to protect smaller components such as TVs, DVD Players, or computer from all types of surges.
- What is an internal surge? – An internal surge happens when you start-up everyday household items that draw significant amounts of power during the first few seconds of operation. This sends a surge through your home’s electrical wiring and across any components that may be in its path.
- What if my home is not grounded? – In order for a surge protector to protect your home it must be able to divert the power surge to ground. Manufacturers of surge protection devices will consider their warranty voided if your surge protector is not attached to a good ground. Our professionals can help you ensure that your Des Moines home is properly grounded.
Our Des Moines Surge Protection Provides These Detailed Services
- Surge Protection For Home
- Power Surge Protector
- Home Theater Surge Protectors
- Whole House Surge Protectors
- Network Surge Protection
- Lightning And Surge Protection
- Power Surge Suppressors
- Computer Surge Protection
- Surge Protection
- Residential Surge Protection
- Surge Protection Devices
- Home Surge Protectors
One of the best ways to take care of one’s home is through taking care of one’s appliances, and the best way to take care of one’s appliances is through surge protection. There are many benefits one can get from good management of electric flow in the house. When electricity travels, it has the tendency […]
One of the best ways to take care of one’s home is through taking care of one’s appliances, and the best way to take care of one’s appliances is through Grimes surge protection. There are many benefits one can get from good management of electric flow in the house. When electricity travels, it has the […]