Fixing Des Moines Leaky Pipes
Des Moines Leaky Pipes are a problem that many homeowners in the Des Moines area face year after year. Our Des Moines Plumber can help you avoid extensive water damages with routine plumbing maintenance and pipe repair. Lazer Electric & Plumbing will help get the situation under control and fix your leaky pipes before they cause even more damage to your property.
Your plumbing system is completely dependent upon your pipes. They carry fresh water into your home and wastewater out, so making sure they’re in great condition is a huge priority. There are several things that can go wrong with the pipes in your home or business, including:
- Frozen Pipes
- Leaking Pipes
- Burst Pipes
- Corroded Pipes
Most of these problems are caused by a lack of maintenance, but any of them could occur with even the most well-maintained pipes. If you have any problems with your pipes, call Lazer Electric & Plumbing to have them solved as quickly as possible.
Signs You May Have Leaky Pipes
While it may be hard to know for sure if there is a leaky pipe on your property, there are a few tell-tale signs that can indicate there is a leak somewhere.
- An Increase in Your Water Bill – If you notice a dramatic, unexplained increase in your monthly water bills, it could be being caused by a pipe leak. You’ll probably need to consult previous bills, maybe even so far back as a year ago, to really catch a slow leak this way, but leaks are likely cause. Many utility companies now offer online viewing for bills, and you can probably see the history of your water usages over a the many years you’ve been with your current company, so be sure to utilize this tool if it is available.
- Water Stains – If you find water stains anywhere in your Des Moines home (the floor, ceiling, walls, etc.) it is likely the product of a leaky pipe somewhere. Leaky pipes and roof leaks are often hard to distinguish, though, so if you find water stains on your ceiling, call a professional plumber to help you determine the source.
- Unusually “Lush” Grass – Sewer and water lines run around the property, and a leak from one of these pipes can definitely cause your lawn to do grow unusually lush spots, or cause parts of your lawn to not grow very well.
What Causes Leaky Pipes?
Leaky pipes in can be caused by a number of different things. Most of the time, however, it is simply a matter of old age. Pipes take a lot of wear and tear, especially water lines and sewer pipes located outside the home.
Tree roots are also a major cause for leaky pipes as the roots are constantly seeking water sources and nutrients in the soil. Over time they can find your water pipes, and may even intrude upon them, forming cracks and causing pipes to burst.
Our plumbers can find the source of any leaks, and we’ll do eradicate the problem promptly and professionally.
Our Des Moines Leaky Pipes Provides These Detailed Services
- Leaky Pipe Repairs
- Leaky Pipe Repair
- Water Leak Repairs
- Water Leak Repair
- Leak Detection
- Plumbing Repair
- Pipe Leak Repair
- Plumbing Leak Detection
- Leaking Pipes
- Leak Detection Services
- Leaky Pipes in Des Moines
- Des Moines Leaky Pipes
- How to Check For and Reset a Tripped Breaker
Often, I'll get a call from a customer (usually in a panic) that the lights in their living room and a couple of bedrooms aren't working. Or, maybe it's a room full of outlets that don't work. After asking if there are any tripped circuit breakers they'll usually be quite confident that they checked already…Read More
- Fight the Power (Save Some $$)
If you're trying to decide whether to invest in a more energy-efficient appliance or you'd like to determine your electricity loads, you may want to estimate appliance energy consumption. Formula for Estimating Energy Consumption You can use this formula to estimate an appliance's energy use: (Wattage × Hours Used Per Day) ÷ 1000 = Daily…Read More